THE MAKING OF

THIS BLOG IS CONTRIBUTED TO THE PROCESS OF MAKING MY FINAL MAJOR PROJECT

Thursday 12 April 2012

Female Character: NECK PIECE

A piece of sheep leather was soaked in warm water ready to mould. I placed it on top of my model's head cast and shape it around the neck, jaw line, and in relation to the mask - that's because the neck piece will be attached to the mask.

I'm moulding the leather with my own fingers (the best toosl ever!). But I'm using a surgical blade and a pair of small scissors to cut the right shape. When the piece is shaped and dry, I will attach the straps and fasteners.
This is how the finished  neck piece looks like in relation to the mask and the costume.

















The last step is to finish it off by 'wearing down' the leather. This will be done in the same way as the mask and the rest od the costume...



No comments:

Post a Comment