THE MAKING OF

THIS BLOG IS CONTRIBUTED TO THE PROCESS OF MAKING MY FINAL MAJOR PROJECT

Friday 20 April 2012

Male Character: COSTUME

Making process of the male costume is very similar to the process of making the male mask: soaked sheep leather is moulded directly on the plaster life cast (in this case torso). I make the costume in relation to mask, and for that reason the mask needs to be present durig the process.


When the piece is dry, it is time for fittings and adjustments. As much as I can do working with the life casts of my models, I still need to work with the person to make sure that the costumes fit and models are comfortable and able to move.

















Once the piece is ready, I'm making a paper patterns for a 'tattoo-sleeve', which are later cut out from leather and fixed together using Evo Stik. It is important to do the final fitting before bonding the leather.


Below finished (painted and 'aged') top piece with sleeve attached.


















Trousers are the bottom part of the male costume. I have decided to buy a leather/suede trousers (cheaply from a second hand shop) and alter them to match the rest of the costume and the character in general.
For that I'm using a talcum powder (fade & rub off effect) and pure latex (shine and 'aged' effect).


Finished piece


No comments:

Post a Comment